Friday, August 11, 2006

Journey of an Afro-preneur: Obstacles


Pissed us hell but still living :-) Pilgrim told me to relax lest I pop a vessel, I told her that a vision/dream/idea is worth popping one or two vessels :-) not to worry Pilgrim I pretend to ignore but I listen. Pilgrim always manages to see past the problem am more of a "dwell on the problem" kindoff dude.

I mentioned yesterday's post that we had gone a step closer in realising the vision by purchasing the first domain name, well in a weird turn of events Gisty Jeng managed to cancel the domain purchase instead of purchasing the second one :-( . I managed to talk to Bluefi5h and he was more positive then me, he offered to purchase both domains which is a very good thing.

But today's twist of events has made me really think about teams and tasks. I delegate a lot especially if I feel that your more then competent, but I realised today that delegation can really mess you up and at the end of the day you'll have yourself to blame since as the leader the buck stops with you.

2 comments:

Pilgrim said...

a fellowship that is tested by fire, that survives the fire stronger than when it went in does not come easily.

to give up on that fellowship in its infancy, is to fail the first test...

trust your initial instincts

measure your reactions... using a steamroller to drive in a nail is... probably a hell of a lot of fun but damn... what a waste.

Renisa said...

You really should listen to Pilgrim on this one...

Couldn't have put it better myself.