Monday, September 11, 2006

Amidst the sounds..

Amidst the sounds and noise we all search for silence..

I was in church yesterday making peace with my creator, doing my best to confess my iniquities and renegotiate my contract which should see me beyond the pearly gates rather then in fiery walls of hades while all this was happening when I realised that I shared a common interest with every other person, we were all searching for silence, a place where we could shut down the noise of the world and just focus on ourselves. Whichever way you look at it, we are all running away from the noise.

The workaholic is running away from the home where he finds no peace. I've met people who say that they are more relaxed in the office then they are at home, I think they are commonly referred to as Married Men :-). The office provides an "island of exclusivity" where every other thing does not matter, the crying baby, the nagging wife, all that comes to an end in the office.

The faithful believer (no bias against any religion) is running from the problems of the world and a relationship with a heavenly being provides that, the church,mosque, synagogue you name it all provide a sense of seclusion that comforts the soul.

The drug addict uses the drugs to silence the noises of the world, and for those few minutes or hours they are intoxicated the world is the most silent place for them.

So what do you do to get to the silence?

5 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Java, chocolate fudge cake :) ...

Renisa said...

The movies...a fantasy world where (most of the time) all the problems are solved quickly and effeciently by the moment we see the credits.

Chinese said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chinese said...

Behind the wheel of a muscle car. as you eat up the tarmac, all else fades and you experince a silence uncomparable to any other.
try it.

tHeViLLaGeR said...

My cave...